How to backup Game Save files in your Windows 10 PC
If you don’t want to lose your saved game files, you may easily create a backup on your Windows 10. Usually, you need to create a back up of games when you are formatting your PC or switching to a new PC. If you are wondering how to backup game files, here we will provide you a short guide that will help you to backup your saved game files manually or using file history.
How to back up saved game files manually?
You can manually back up saved game files or folders with File Explorer. In order to do this, you need to locate the saved game files. The paths for game save files may vary, but you may usually expect to find a saved game subfolder within game’s primary folders. Follow these steps:
- First of all, open the File Explorer on your Windows 10 PC.
- Open the folder that includes the game‘s save file subfolder.
- Select the saved game file subfolder, and then press the “Copy to” button on the “Home tab.”
- Now, select a folder to copy it to from the menu and then insert a USB flash drivein your desktop or laptop to back up the folder to.
- Similarly, you may also back up single saved files. All you need to do is just open the game‘s save folder, select a file and then press the “Copy to”
How to back up saved game files with File History?
If you want to backup saved game files automatically, you may do it using file history. Follow these steps:
- First off, click the “Cortana” button on the left of the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Enter the keyword “backup” in the search box and then select “Backup settings.”
- Now, insert a flash drive or another external hard drive in a USB slot, click the “Add a drive” button, and then select a backup drive.
- The “Automatically back up my files” option is checked by default. You may select further configuration options by clicking “More options.”
- Click the “Add a folder” option and then you may select the subfolders to back up your saved game files from.
- Now, Windows will back up your saved game files in every hour with the default setting selected. Plus, you may configure that setting by selecting an alternative option from the Back up my files drop-down menu.
- Click the Back up now button to back up your selected folders.
You may restore a backup by clicking the Restore files from a current backup option.
- You may also restore backup copies from within File Explorer by right-clicking a file and selecting “Restore previous version.”