How to delete apps using Finder and Launchpad on your Mac
If you have been using Mac since long time, you might have installed hundreds of applications on your Mac. Usually, whenever we install any new app, we forgot to uninstall the applications that are not required anymore. Such unwanted applications occupy a large space on your Mac hard drive and slow down your system performance. To avoid such issues and free up hard disk space, you may eliminate all unneeded applications from your Mac. Here, we will provide you a step by step guidance to delete applications on your Mac.
How to remove application using Launchpad on your Mac?
You may easily delete apps that were downloaded from the App Store, follow these steps:
- First off, open launchpad by clicking on it in the Dock or Applications folder. You may also pinch closed with your thumb and three fingers on your trackpad.
- If the app is not listed in launchpad, type its name in the search field at the top of the screen or swipe right or left with two fingers on your trackpad to show the apps on the next or previous page.
- After locating the app you want to remove, press and hold the “Option key”, or click and hold the app until the apps start jiggling.
- Click the “Cross button”next to the app that you want to delete and then select “Delete” to confirm, doing so will remove the app immediately. If the cross button is not there, you may delete that app using Finder instead.
Note: As removal of application does not cancel the subscription so do not forget to cancel l the subscription before deleting the application.
How to remove application using Finder on your Mac?
If you are unable to remove application from launchpad, you may remove them using Finder, follow these steps:
- Find the app in the Finder. Most of the apps you may open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. You may also use Spotlight to find the app and then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.
- Now, drag the app to the “Trash” or select the app and then select File > Move to Trash.
- Now enter your username and password (if asked) and then delete the app by selecting Finder > Empty Trash.
If you are looking for a Mac Maintenance Application, Check out Wise Mac Care. Wise Mac Care is your one-stop Mac maintenance application that can remove several types of junk files and can optimize Mac’s hard drive to boost your Mac to the peak performance for FREE. Wise Mac Care will also help protect your privacy and safeguard your activities from prying eyes.