How to disable people from adding you to random groups on Whatsapp
How to stop people from adding you to whatsapp groups?
Nowadays, Whatsapp is one of the most popular social media platforms that offer an easy way to communicate with your friends and family members globally. Whatsapp has many features and security settings that keep your account safe. Earlier, everybody was able to add you in random Whatsapp groups and that was so annoying. However, the Facebook-owned instant messaging platform now has a feature that allows you to stop people from adding you to Whatsapp groups. Let’s learn how to use this whatsapp feature on your smartphone.
Note: Before getting started, make sure that you are using latest version of Whatsapp on your Smartphone.
If you are still using the old version of whatsapp, you may get the update from Play Store and then follow the below given steps:
- Launch the Whatsapp app on your Smartphone.
- Go to “Settings” tab and under that select the “Accounts tab”, doing so will redirect you to Accounts section.
- In the “Accounts” section, select “Privacy” and then tap on “Groups.”
- Here, you will see three options, select the one you want and tap “Done.”
- Everyone: Select if you want to get added in groups by anyone.
- My Contacts: Select to get added in groups only by your contacts.
- Nobody: If you select this option then only group admin can send you a private invitation to join the group. If you feel that it’s a group that you want to join then you may accept the invite, otherwise ignore it.
This is how you may disable people from adding you to annoying groups on Whatsapp. By changing some settings, you may stay away from irritating messages and chime that plays with every single message you receive on your phone.