How to enable or use screen time feature on the device running iOS12 or later
With iOS 12, Apple included a new feature called Screen Time that allows you to see how much time you and your kids spend on apps, websites, and more. With this feature, you may make more informed decisions about how you use your devices and set limits if you want to. If you want to access real-time reports, learn how to enable Screen Time, view your report and set limits, and manage your child’s device.
How to enable screen time feature on your iOS device?
You may easily enable Screen Time feature on your iOS device by following the below given steps:
- On your iOS device, head to Settings > Screen Time.
- Now, tap on the “Turn on Screen Time” option.
- Tap “Continue” and then select “This is My [device]” or “This is My Child’s [device].”
- Now, you may get a report about how you use your device, apps, and websites, any time anywhere.
If it is your kid’s device, you may set up Screen Time and create settings right on their device or you may use Family Sharing to set up your kids’s device from your own device. After configuring your child’s device, you may also use Family Sharing to view reports and adjust settings any time, right from your own device. Moreover, it also helps you to create a dedicated passcode to secure settings, so no one can make changes to configured website.
How to use Screen Time on your iPhone or iPad?
After enabling Screen Time on your iOS device, you may use it by following the below given steps:
- To view your report and set limits: Go to Settings > Screen Time and tap the graph.
- There, you may see your usage, set limits for your Most Used apps, and see how many times a device was received a notification.
- To use Screen Time with your family: Go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child’s name. If you need to create an Apple ID for your child, head to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing > Screen Time.
Usually, Family sharing is used to share music, movies, apps, and more with family and it now works with Screen Time. You can view reports and adjust settings for children in your family any time, right from your device.
Now read: How to manage parental controls on your Mac
What other's say