How to export contacts from Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016 or Outlook for Office 365
How to export contacts from Microsoft Outlook?
Exporting contacts from Microsoft Outlook creates CSV file. Once all your contacts are exported to CSV file, you may add or remove extra contacts and information and make sure the file is formatted with the standard contact headings that Constant Contact can be recognized before importing it. If you have column headings that you want to keep but do not match the standard headings of your file, you may create a custom field to record them during the import process. You may also use this stored CSV file to import your contacts to another email account.
You may easily export contacts from Outlook by following the below given steps:
- Open your Outlook account on your computer and then select “File.”
- Select Open & Export> Import/Export.
- Select “Export to a file” from the Import and Export Wizard.
- Select “Comma Separated Values.”
- If you borrowed computer from someone: In the “Select folder to export from” box, scroll to the top if required and select the “Contacts” folder from your account and select “Next.”
- Click “Browse”, name your file, and select “OK.”
- Confirm the location where you want to save your new contacts file and then click “Next.”
- Select “Finish” for starting exporting your contacts immediately. Once export process is done, you will not see any message but the “Import and Export Progress” box goes away.
- Now, locate the new .CSV file on your computer and open it with Excel to verify your contacts are there. You may also see a lot of empty cells here which is normal.
- Generally we suggest you to close the file without saving any changes; otherwise the file might get messed up and you will not be able to use it for importing. Unfortunately, if it happens you may always run the export process again and create a new file.
- If you want, you may use Excel to update the information in your .csv file.
- If you borrowed computer from someone, you may now remove your account from that version of Outlook. Follow these steps:
- In Outlook on the desktop, select File> Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to delete, select “Remove” and then click “Close.”
- Now, you may see that your contacts are copied to a .csv file that can be imported to another computer with Outlook for Windows on it or another email service.
This is how you may export contacts from your Microsoft Outlook account to a CSV file and then import them to another Computer or email service.