How to permanently uninstall Microsoft Teams from your Windows 10 PC
How to completely remove Microsoft Teams on Windows 10?
Microsoft Teams is a communications platform that comes pre-installed with Windows 10 computers. This tool is known for its key features that are workplace chat, file storage, video meetings, and application integration. However, Microsoft Teams keeps everything together in a shared workspace where you may meet, chat, share files, and work. For any reason, if you don’t want to keep Microsoft Teams on your computer, you may permanently uninstall from Windows 10. Most of the time, when you just uninstall the Microsoft Teams application, the machine-wide installer will reinstall it every time you log in to your computer. Let’s learn how to uninstall Microsoft Teams permanently from Windows 10.
You may easily remove Microsoft team permanently by uninstalling two applications, follow these steps:
- First off, right-clicking the Teams icon in the taskbar and select Close window to quit Teams, if it is running on your Windows 10 PC.
- After quitting Teams click on the Start button > Settings > Apps.
- Under Apps & features section, search for teams to locate Microsoft Teams.
- Now you may uninstall both Microsoft Teams and Teams Machine-Wide Installer.
- Select Microsoft Teams, click the Uninstall button, doing so will give a box to confirm the uninstallation, again select Uninstall to confirm.
- When you are prompted Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Select Yes.
- Similarly select Teams Machine-Wide Installer, click Uninstall and then follow the on same instructions you followed for Microsoft Teams.
Note: Teams will also be uninstalled if you uninstall Office.
This is how you may completely remove Microsoft team on your Windows 10 PC. Once it is deleted, it will not be automatically reinstalled. It remains deleted until you download and reinstall it intentionally.