How to prevent other Instagram users from searching you
Instagram is one of the most trending social media platforms where you may share your information in terms of images and videos with your family or friends. If you are annoyed of getting friend requests from random people or unknown people, you may avoid it by unlinking your Facebook account, removing your phone number and disabling suggestion option from your Instagram account. Here is a short guide that helps you to stop others from finding you on Instagram and to keep your Instagram account private.
How to remove your linked Facebook account?
If you ever linked your Facebook account to help your Facebook friends in finding your Instagram account, you may remove it to keep your Instagram profile private. Follow these steps:
- On your Smartphone, open Instagram app and open your profile by tapping the right bottom corner of your home page.
- Now, head to top right corner of your screen, tap for more options, doing so will open a panel.
- Now, tap “Settings” located at the bottom of the panel.
- Select “Account” to get the “Linked accounts” option.
- Here, you may see all your social media accounts associated to your Instagram account.
- Select each of them and tap the “Unlink Account” option for removing these associated accounts from the Instagram account.
How to remove your phone number?
While creating Instagram account, if you added your phone number to sync your contacts, you may remove it to hide your account from search. Follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone, head to Profile.
- Click “Edit Profile.”
- Under “Private information” section, you may see your phone number, click on it and then delete your number by tapping backspace.
- Finally, save the changes by tapping on the check mark next to “Edit Profile.”
How to remove account suggestion?
Apart from phone number and linked account, Instagram has one more option that allows others to find you on Instagram. You may disable this option, following the below given steps:
- Open any web browser on your phone or computer.
- Go to Instagram website and log into your account.
- Head to the Profile on the right corner of the page.
- Click “Edit Profile” to get the option “Similar Account Suggestions”, uncheck this option and click on “Submit.”