How to recover files using Time Machine and Spotlight on Mac
How to restore files using Time Machine and Spotlight on your Mac?
Time Machine is the best way to backup your files and documents, stored on your Mac. Besides, if your files are lost, corrupted, deleted accidently from your Mac, you may recover them using Spotlight and initiating a search of Time Machine. Apple’s Time Machine works well as a quiet backup tool than as a recovery tool because, it is tough to find out how to get into Time Machine to recover the lost file or folder. Although it is tough but possible, here we will provide you some easy steps to recover files using Time Machine and Spotlight on your Mac.
If you use Time Machine to back up your Mac, you may easily recover your lost or deleted items by following the below given steps:
- On your Mac, open a Finder window, enter a search word or phrase in the search field in the top right corner of the screen.
- Get the clear the results by specifying search criteria using the search bar.
- Now, click on the Time Machine icon in the menu bar and select “Enter Time Machine.”
- If you are unable to see the Time Machine icon in the menu bar, go to Apple menu> System Preferences, click “Time Machine” and then select “Show Time Machine in menu bar.”
- Now, you may browse the Time Machine Backups using arrows and timeline.
- Select one or more items you want to recover or restore and then click “Restore.”
- Once recovery is done, you may find all the restored items return to their original location.
This is how you may easily recover deleted or missing files using Time Machine and search bar on your Mac.
If you are looking for a Mac Maintenance Application, Check out Wise Mac Care. Wise Mac Care is your one-stop Mac maintenance application that can remove several types of junk files and can optimize Mac’s hard drive to boost your Mac to the peak performance for FREE. Wise Mac Care will also help protect your privacy and safeguard your activities from prying eyes.