How to set up your cellular plan with eSIM on your iPhone
How to set up your cellular plan using eSIM on your iPhone?
With the iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and XR, Apple has introduced Dual SIM feature which incorporates a nano-SIM and eSIM. The eSIM is a digital SIM that permits you to activate a second cellular plan from your carrier, while not having to use a physical nano-SIM. On the compatible devices, you will have two phone numbers. It’s extremely a helpful feature particularly for the people that want separate number for their business use. You may use that second number for business trip or traveling out of the country. With eSIM, you need not to swap out the physical SIM to induce a phone number from a neighborhood carrier. Presently this feature is accessible just for iOS 12.1 and later with many carriers within the USA. If you’re questioning a way to setup your cellular arrange with eSIM, here may be a short user guide that may assist you to try to therefore.
Usually, cellular plan uses one nano SIM and another as eSIM. In case, you don’t have nano SIM, eSIM can serve as your only cellular plan.
You may simply setup your eSIM by scaning the QR code provided by your carrier, using your carrier’s iPhone app, or entering the required information manually, follow these steps:
Scan the QR Code
- On your iPhone, open Settings and then tap Cellular.
- Tap Add Cellular Plan and then scan the QR code that your carrier given your iOS device.
- Now, enter a confirmation code provided by your carrier to activate the eSIM.
Use Your Carrier’s App
- On your iOS device, download your carrier’s app from the App Store.
- Now, buy a cellular plan via the app.
Enter the Information Manually
- If needed, you’ll conjointly enter data manually. Tap the Enter Details Manually option at the bottom of your iPhone screen.
This is how you may setup your cellular plan with eSIM. Moreover, you may store more than one eSIM in your iPhone, however, you will be able to use only one at a time. You may easily switch between eSIMs, just tap Settings, tap either Cellular or Mobile Data, and then select the plan you want to use. Finally, tap Turn On This Line.
Now read: 5 best Virtual SIM Phone Number Apps for iPhone in 2019
What other's say