How to share an Outlook calendar with other people
If you are using Exchange, Office 365, or Outlook.com account, you may send an invitation to other users so they can view your calendar in their own Calendar list. Now, Calendar sharing is not limited to the default Calendar folder that is created in all Outlook profiles. You may create additional calendar folders and select any of them to share it. For example, if you are running a business, you may a calendar folder for a specific project and share it with your co-workers. If you want, you may also allow them to make changes in the events and appointments in the calendar. If you are wondering how to share an Outlook calendar with others, let’s learn how to do that.
How to share an Outlook calendar with people inside or outside your organization?
By following the below given steps you may easily share an Outlook calendar with others:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- On the Homemenu, select “Share Calendar” from your Calendar.
- Select the calendar you want to share from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click “Add” in the Calendar Properties dialog box.
- If you want, you may also search for people from your address book or type in their email IDs in the “Add” box.
- After adding names in the “Add Users” dialog box, click “OK.”
- Go back to the “Calendar Properties” dialog box, select the person’s name or email address, select the level of details that you want to share with the person and then click “OK.”
- Now, the person you have shared your calendar with will get a sharing invitation by email.
- Once the recipient clicks “Accept”, they will see the shared calendar in their calendar list.
How to change or assign permissions after you have shared your calendar with other people?
After sharing the Outlook calendar, if you want to change or assign permissions, you may easily do it by following the below given steps:
- Click the “Calendar” that you shared.
- Now, select Home> Calendar Permissions.
- In the “Permissions” tab, make any changes to the calendar sharing permissions and then click “OK.”
In case you don’t want to share the Outlook calendar anymore, In the “Permissions” tab, click the user’s name, select “Remove” and then click “OK.”
Now read: How to set a message expiration date in Outlook365
What other's say