How to speed up a slow mobile data connection on your iPhone
Mobile data connection is the connectivity that allows you website browsing on your iPhone. Sometimes it gets slow while handling any business documents or doing any other important task. In such a case, rather than being frustrated, you may speed up a mobile data connection by following some easy instructions. Here, we will provide some ways that help you to speed up mobile data connection on your iPhone.
1. Restart Your Phone
Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the slow mobile data connection issue on your iPhone. You may do it by following below given steps:
- In order to restart the iPhone 8 or earlier. Hold the side button (on the right side of the phone) until you see “Slide to Power Off” on the screen.
- For iPhone X, press and hold the side button along with volume up or volume down button until you see “Slide to Power Off” on the screen.
- Once your device is switched off, hold the side button again to turn it back on.
2. Disable and Update Apps
Sometimes, applications can also be the reason behind mobile data fluctuations and internet speed on your iPhone. In such a case, you may try by disabling some of them.
In order to do that, visit Settings > Cellular and disable any app’s access to your cellular data connection on your iPhone.
3. Disconnect From Your VPN
While using remote servers, VPNs provides network privacy but they can also slow down your speeds. If you are connected to any VPN, disconnect and try it again.
Once you disconnected from VPN, you may observe improvement as soon as you disconnect. After fixing the problem, you reconnect it.
4. Reinsert Your SIM Card
Sometimes, pulling and reinserting SIM card fixes the internet speed issues. SIM Slots varies device to device. On iPhone, the SIM card slot is always located on the right edge of the phone below the side button.
5. Reset Your Network Settings
Even after trying above given methods, your internet speed is still there, you many reset network settings on your iPhone.
In order to reset the settings, open Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. The phone will prompt you for your passcode if you have any, then it will restart.
6. Clear browser history and cookies
This is one of the best way to keep your iPhone‘s internet faster, you may easily do it, follow the below given steps to do that:
- Go to “Settings” and open “Safari” on your iPhone.
- Then tap on the “Clear history” button, repeat this on daily basis to keep your internet fast.
- In the Safari settings, tap on the “Clear Cookies and Data” button , repeat this on daily basis to keep your internet fast.