How to transfer an iMovie project from iPhone to your Mac
How to move an iMovie project from your iPhone to your Mac?
iMovie is an video editing software designed by Apple. With this application, you may view, edit, and share movies on your Mac, iPhone or iPad. If you started any iMovie project on your iOS device and want to move it to Mac for final changes, you may easily do it. Here we will provide you some easy steps to move iMovie project from your iOS device to your Mac.
Note: Once iMovie project gets transferred, you will not be able to move the project back to iPhone and you will have to continue video editing on Mac. So, make sure you are not moving project to Mac until it is required.
By following the below given steps you may easily move iMove project from your iPhone to your Mac.
- On your iPhone, open “iMovie” app and tap “Projects” at the top of the screen.
- If you are unable to see “Projects” at the top of the screen, tap “Done” or “cross button” until it appears.
- Scroll the projects and then tap on the project icon you want to share.
- In the screen popup, tap the Share button and then tap one of the following options:
- AirDrop: To share wirelessly to a nearby Mac using AirDrop.
- iTunes: To transfer the file to a Mac using iTunes and a USB cable connection.
- iCloud Drive: To save the file to iCloud Drive and access it on your Mac.
- When prompted, select the iMovie Project option.
- Once file is moved, locate it on your Mac.
Note: By default, you may see the files shared with AirDrop in your Downloads folder. The Projects transferred to iCloud Drive will be located in the iMovie folder in iCloud Drive.
This is how you may easily move iMovie project to your Mac. Then, double-click the iMovie for iOS project file to transfer your project into iMovie for Mac. Whenever you will open the project in iMovie for Mac, it will retain all of your editing decisions, retiming changes, filters, effects, titles and theme music choices.