How to stream audio from iPad to your hearing devices
If you want to stream audio from iPad and its apps to your hearing devices, you may easily do it by pairing your hearing device with your iPad. You may also use Live Listen to stream sound from the microphone to your Made For iPhone (MFi) hearing devices or AirPods. Here we will provide you a short user guide that will help you to stream audio from iPad to your hearing devices.
How to pair a hearing device with iPad?
To stream audio from Siri, Music, TV, Videos, and more, you need to pair up the devices with your iPad, follow these steps:
- First off, open the battery door on each hearing device.
- On iPad, head to Settings> Bluetooth and then make sure that Bluetooth is enabled.
- Now, head to Settings> General > Accessibility > MFi Hearing Devices.
- Shut the battery doors on your hearing devices.
- When you see the names of your hearing devices in the list of devices, tap the names and respond to the pairing requests.
Pairing may take up to 60 seconds. When your devices are paired, you hear a series of beeps and a tone, and see a checkmark next to the hearing devices in the Devices list.
How to route audio calls to your hearing device?
After pairing your hearing device with iPad, you may automatically route the audio of incoming or outgoing phone or FaceTime calls to your headphones, speaker, or hearing devices. Follow these steps:
- On your iPad, go to Settings > General > Accessibility> Call Audio Routing.
- Select Automatic, Speaker, or your hearing devices to find where audio is heard during a call.
- To have iPad answer calls automatically, tap “Auto-Answer Calls”, enable Auto-Answer Calls and then tap “–“or “+” button to set the duration of time before the call is answered.
How to use iPad as a remote microphone with Live Listen?
To stream sound from the microphone on iPad to your Made For iPhone (MFi) hearing devices or AirPods, follow these steps:
- If you are using AirPods, put them in your ears.
- Enable Live Listen with one of the following methods:
- Open Control Center, tap on the ear icon, tap your hearing device or AirPods and then enable Live Listen.
- If ear icon is not there, go to Settings > Control Center> Customize Controls and then select “Hearing” to add it.
- Triple-click the Home button or triple-click the top button, select “Hearing Devices” then tap “Live Listen.”
- Keep your iPad near to the sound source.