What if your keyboard has one or more keys that stopped responding on Mac
How to fix keyboard keys issue on Mac?
Like software issues, hardware issues may occur any device on your computer. So, you may try to fix them on your hand, before visiting any nearby service canter. While using your Mac, if you see that some of the keyboard keys stopped responding, you may try to fix it. Here, we will provide you some easy instructions that help you to fix keyboard key issue.
You may use the Keyboard Viewer to test whether the keyboard keys are responding correctly when they are pressed. Follow these steps
- On your Mac, select Apple menu > System Preferences and then select “Language & Region.”
- Click “Keyboard Preferences” and select the “Input Sources” tab.
- From here, make sure that the keyboard language that you use is listed on the left side. If it is not there, click and select from the listed languages.
- Now, check the box next to “Show Input menu in menu bar.”
- Select the Keyboard tab and then check the box next to Show keyboard and emoji viewers in menu bar.
- Select “Show Keyboard Viewer” from the Input menu in the menu bar, doing so will show the keyboard layout on your display.
- Now, type the key on the keyboard that is not responding and see if the corresponding key is highlighted on the Keyboard Viewer or not. If it is, that key is functioning correctly.
Moreover, it may be occurred because of the Mouse Keys feature. When it is enabled, many keys might not respond as you expect. You may disable it by following the below given steps:
- For Mac OS 10.8 or later, select Apple menu > System Preferences. Click on Accessibility, select “Mouse & Trackpad” from the list on the left side of the screen and then deselect the Enable Mouse Keys checkbox.
- For Mac OS 10.7.5 or earlier, select Apple menu > System Preferences. Now, click the “Universal Access” option, select the “Mouse & Trackpad” tab and then select “Off button” button next to Mouse Keys.
If you are looking for a Mac Maintenance Application, Check out Wise Mac Care. Wise Mac Care is your one-stop Mac maintenance application that can remove several types of junk files and can optimize Mac’s hard drive to boost your Mac to the peak performance for FREE. Wise Mac Care will also help protect your privacy and safeguard your activities from prying eyes.