How to use global keyboard shortcuts on your Mac
How to enable or disable global keyboard shortcuts on Mac?
If you have a big list of tasks to perform on your Mac, you may save some time by pressing certain key combinations. You may easily do it, all you need to do is just normally use a mouse, trackpad, or other input device. For using a keyboard shortcut, press and hold one or more modifier keys and then press the last key of the shortcut. Usually, you may quickly perform tasks by pressing keys on your keyboard. There are many global keyboard shortcuts that you may disable or change as per your need. Here we will provide you a short guide that will you to use global keyboard shortcuts on your Mac.
Usually, modifying or disabling a shortcut may be useful if you are using a single global shortcut in a specific app for a different purpose, then you need to either disable the shortcut or assign it a different key combination. You may easily use global keyboard shortcuts by following the below given steps on your Mac.
- On your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Keyboard and then click “Shortcuts.”
- Select an item in the left pane and then, in the right pane, check the box beside the shortcut that you want to change.
- Now, double-click the current key combination and then press the new key combination you want to use.
- Note: You may not use every type of key more than once in a key combination.
- Finally, quit and restart any apps you are using for the new keyboard shortcut to apply the effect.
This is how you may enable global keyboard shortcuts on your Mac. Plus, if you assign a keyboard shortcut that already exists for another command or another app, your new shortcut will stop working. In that case, you may find the menu command that’s using it and then reassign the keyboard shortcut for that item. If you want to disable the global keyboard shortcut, just uncheck the box next to its description in the list.
If you are looking for a Mac Maintenance Application, Check out Wise Mac Care. Wise Mac Care is your one-stop Mac maintenance application that can remove several types of junk files and can optimize Mac’s hard drive to boost your Mac to the peak performance for FREE. Wise Mac Care will also help protect your privacy and safeguard your activities from prying eyes.