How to Airplay audio from your Apple TV, Mac or iOS device
AirPlay is a proprietary protocol suite developed by Apple Inc. that allows you to stream video and mirror your display from iPhone, iPad, or Mac to Apple TV. It also allows to you stream audio to Apple TV and any compatible speakers. If you are using the same Wi-Fi network, AirPlay easily connects and starts streaming. If you are not using the same network, AirPlay can stream by using point-to-point Wi-Fi connection. Airplay is great for entertainment, education, and enterprise. All you need to do is just tap a button, select a target and start streaming you favorite songs. If you are wondering how to use AirPlay to stream music, podcasts and other audio to your Apple TV, HomePod or AirPlay-compatible speakers, let’s learn how to do that.
How to Airplay audio from your iOS device?
You may use control center for streaming audio from your iOS device to your Apple TV, HomePod or AirPlay-compatible speaker.
- Open “Control Center” on your iOS device.
- Press and hold the audio card in the top right corner and then tap on the icon that looks like Wi-Fi signals.
- Now, tap a speaker or tap multiple speakers to play audio across all of them concurrently.
- Moreover, you may also AirPlay audio from an app you are using on your iOS device. All you need to do is just open the app, tap on the icon that looks like WiFi signals and then select a speaker.
How to AirPlay audio from Apple TV?
- While you are watching a movie on your Apple TV, swipe down from the top of your Apple TV Remote.
- Select “Audio” and select a speaker select multiple speakers to play audio across all of them concurrently.
How to Airplay audio from your Mac?
By following the below given steps, you may stream audio from your Mac to your Apple TV, HomePod, or AirPlay-compatible speaker.
- Make sure that your Mac and speaker are sharing the same Wi-Fi or ethernet network.
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Sound.
- Under Output section, select the speaker that you want to stream audio to.
- To access audio output options by clicking the sound icon in the menu bar and selecting “Show volume in menu bar.”