How to delete Windows Boot Camp Partition from your Mac
How to remove Windows Boot Camp completely ?
If you observed that your Mac has been running terribly since you loaded Windows boot camp, you may remove it completely. Plus, if you don’t want to use Windows on your Mac, you may remove it to free up the large amount on your macOS drive. You may easily get rid of your boot camp partition. Before removing it, make sure that no user accounts other than your regular administrator’s account is signed in. In case you want to save the data stored on that Boot Camp partition, you may backup it. If you are wondering how to remove Windows Boot Camp Partition, here we will provide you some easy steps to do that.
You may easily remove Boot Camp by following the below given steps:
- On your Mac, go to Applications > Utilities and then click “Boot Camp Assistant” to launch it.
- Now, click “Continue” on the initial Boot Camp Assistant Introduction window.
- Select “Create or remove a Windows partition” and then click “Continue.”
- Now, click “Restore” to remove the Windows partition and restore the disk to a single-partition OS X volume, doing so will ask you to enter your password – do so and then click “OK.”
- The Boot Camp Assistant will start partitioning, the restore process, depending on the size of the partition and drive, may take some time.
- Once restore process is done, click the “Quit” button. You may now confirm via Disk Utility that the Windows Boot Camp partition has been deleted.
This is how you may remove Windows Boot Camp Partition and start using your Mac in a single OS X volume.
Now read: How to install Windows OS on Mac using boot camp
If you want to keep your Mac optimized and Healthy, Wise Mac Care performs basic cleanup and maintenance for FREE. Plus, Wise Mac Care helps you to free up your Mac hard disk from unwanted log files and to get more space to run your Mac smoothly. Wise Mac Care also works as a deep cleaner and memory optimizer to provide smoother and faster Mac Performance. Download Wise Mac Care for FREE and boost your system performance with just a few clicks.
What other's say