How to downgrade your iPhone from beta version of iOS 12 back to iOS 11
Recently, Apple has released beta version of iOS 12 to add many new features such as ARKit 2, Group FaceTime, Memoji and more. If you have upgraded your iPhone to beta version of iOS 12 and don’t like the changes, you may easily downgrade to iOS 11. Here, we will provide you some easy steps to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 11.
In order to do that, make sure that you have a backup of your iPhone on the previous iOS version. All you need to do is start your iPhone in recovery mode, downgrade to previous version and then restore the device backup.
To start your iPhone into recovery mode
- Switch off your iPhone.
- For iPhone 8 and older, hold down the power button until Slide to power off appears, then slide.
- For iPhone X, hold down the Side button and Volume Up button until Slide to power off appears, then slide.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- For iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus, press and release the Volume Up button and then press the Volume Down. Then press and hold the Side button until you see connect to iTunes screen.
- For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time and keep holding them until you see connect to iTunes screen.
- For an iPhone 6s and older, iPad, or iPod touch, Press and hold the Home and the Top buttons at the same time and keep holding them until you see the connect to iTunes screen.
To downgrade your iPhone to an older version iOS 11
- Open iTunes on your iPhone [iTunes detects your device in recovery mode and prompts you].
- Click “Restore” on the iTunes popup.
- Click “Restore and Update” to confirm.
- In the iOS 11 Software Update window, click “Next” .
- Click “Agree” to accept the Terms and Conditions and start downloading iOS 11.
Once download is completed, iTunes will restore your iPhone to iOS 11. In case you see that your device still has the same iOS version, you need to repeat the above given process.
Once your device is downgraded, you may restore data backup of your iPhone by using iCloud or iTunes.