How to manage auto program startup on a Mac
How to remove and add startup programs in Mac?
Apple provides built in functionality in Mac that allows you to manage programs which automatically launch upon startup. With this function, you may decide the applications that you want to frequently run whenever you log in and save your valuable time. If your Mac is slowing down or you want to speed up your Mac’s startup time, you may prevent unnecessary applications from opening by disabling the unwanted programs from automatic launching. Let’s learn how to manage auto program startup on Mac.
Follow the below given steps to remove and add startup programs in Mac:
- Click the “Apple” in the menu bar and select “System preferences.”
- In the next window, Click “Users and Groups.”
- Select the user account from the left bar for whom you need disable startup programs and click “Login Options.”
- Here, you can see a list of the apps that are configured to start automatically with your Mac.
- Click an unwanted application from the “Item” list and then click the “–” button to remove it. You can select multiple apps by holding down the CMD button on your keyboard.
- If you want to add any program in the startup list, you may simply do it by clicking on “+” button and selecting the app you want to add.
- Close the window once you are done with the changes and restart your Mac to apply them.
This is how you may easily manage the start up program list on your Mac to save your time and boost up your Mac startup time.