How to modify your online ID on PlayStation Network
Online ID is the name displayed when you play games online and use other online features on PlayStation Network. Earlier, each Online ID was unique and permanently associated with an account but now you may change your PlayStation network ID. This feature is available only for PlayStation 4 users. If you are a PS4 user and want to change your PSN ID, here we will help you to change the network ID using your PlayStation console or a web browser.
How to change PlayStation Network ID on your PS4?
If you want to PlayStation Network ID for your PS4, you may easily do it by following the below given steps:
- First off, open “Settings” from the home screen.
- Scroll down and select “Account Management.”
- Now, select “Account Information” and then select “Profile.”
- Select “Online ID”, doing so will prompt you to create your new PSN ID.
How to change your PlayStation Network ID from a web browser?
If you don’t have access to your PS4, you may also change PSN ID from a web browser. Follow these steps:
- Open PlayStation.com in any web browser on your computer.
- Select the “sign-in” option from the top right side of the screen.
- Now, enter your “Email ID” and “Password”that you used to create your PlayStation account.
- Click on your profile iconon the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.
- On the right side of the screen, select “PSN Profile” from the menu and then click “Edit” next to your Online ID.
This is how you may easily change your PlayStation Network ID for your PS4 using Console or any web browser. This long-awaited feature is currently avilable for all Playstation 4 users. Moreover, you will get the option to display your old ID next to your new ID in your Profile for 30 days. This will help your your friends to see your ID change. You may also select this option while changing your online ID.