How to play YouTube video in PIP mode on your Mac or iPad
With macOS Sierra and iOS 9, Apple has introduced Picture in Picture mode to play YouTube videos on Mac and iPad. You may easily integrate this multitasking feature on your Mac and iPad. It offers you a split view multitasking where you may use two apps at the same time. For example, you may play a video or hold face-time call, and while at the same time can use other apps, games or do other tasks on the your Mac or iPad. If you are wondering how to play Youtube video in Picture-in-Picture Mode on your iPad or Mac, here we will provide you some easy steps to do that.
How to use Picture-in-Picture for YouTube Videos in macOS Sierra?
If you want to play YouTube videos in PIP mode, follow these steps:
- First of all, launch the Safari on your Mac running macOS Sierra.
- Go to YouTube.com and right click on the video that you want to separate.
- When you see a menu on the screen, you need to right click again to get another menu.
- At last, you need to click on the “Enter Picture-in-Picture” option.
This is how you may enable PIP mode in YouTube. In case you want to disable it, simply click on the small icon displayed at the bottom of the video.
How to use Picture-in-Picture for YouTube Videos on iPad?
If you are using iPad running iOS 9, you may watch YouTube video in Picture-in-Picture mode on iPad. Follow these steps:
- On your iPad, open Safari and go to Youtube.com.
- Locate the video you want to watch and play it.
- Now, tap on the “full-screen button.”
- Finally, tap on the PiP icon and start watching video in Picture-in-Picture Mode.
After enabling PIP mode, you may drag the video to position it any corner on the screen and also resize it using two fingers.
If you are looking for a Mac Maintenance Application, Check out Wise Mac Care. Wise Mac Care is your one-stop Mac maintenance application that can remove several types of junk files and can optimize Mac’s hard drive to boost your Mac to the peak performance for FREE. Wise Mac Care will also help protect your privacy and safeguard your activities from prying eyes.