Learn how to remove an app and its configuration profile from your iOS device
How to delete an app and its profile from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
Every iOS app has a configuration profile that is linked with the app when you install it on your device. Apple has deleted some apps from the App Store that install root certificates that could allow monitoring of your device information. If you have such apps installed on your device, you need to delete both the app and its associated configuration profile to keep your data protected on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. A configuration profile is nothing but a tiny file that stores certain settings that override settings on your device. Here we will give you some easy instructions to delete to delete iOS configuration profiles that are no longer needed, thereby increasing your data security.
You may easily remove an app and its associated configuration profile by following the below given steps:
- To remove the App: Touch and hold on the app until it starts jiggling and then tap the cross button in the top left corner of the app to delete it.
- If you get a message that says, “Deleting this app will also delete its data,” tap “Delete” to confirm the deletion.
- To remove app configuration profile: Go to Settings > General > Device Management, Profile Management, or Profile & Device Management, then tap on the app’s configuration profile.
- Tap “Delete Profile.” Here, you may be asked to enter your device passcode, do so and then tap “Delete.”
- After following the above given steps, restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to apply the changes.
This is how you may easily remove app and its configuration profile from your iOS device and keep your device data secured and protected against unauthorized utilities.