How to restrict specific apps on iPhone or iPad
Being a parent, if you want to restrict and manage features, apps and other contents on your child’s device, you may easily enable restriction and prevent your child from accessing specific app or content on their device. With iOS 12, Apple added a feature Screen Time that allows you to set a screen Time and stops your child from spending more time on device. If you want to restrict specific apps, let’s learn how to do it.
How to set restrictions on iPhone and iPad running iOS 11 and earlier?
If your child has iOS device running iOS 11 and earlier, you may set restrictions by following the below given steps:
- On iPhone or iPad, open the “Settings app” and then select “General.”
- Tap “Restrictions” and then tap “Enable Restrictions” at the top of the screen, if they are already enabled, you may skip it.
- Enter a passcode that you will require to enable and disable apps.
- Now, tap the switch next to each app that you want to disable.
How to set Restrictions on iPhone and iPad running iOS 12?
If you want to set restrictions on iPhone or iPad running iOS 12, follow these steps:
- Launch “Settings” from your iOS device’s Home screen.
- Select Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Now, enter a four-digit passcodeand then confirm it.
- Tap the button next to “Content & Privacy” and then select “Allowed apps.”
- Finally, tap the button(s) next to the app or apps you want to disable.
This is how you may easily enable or disable the app restrctions on your iPhone or iPad and prevent your kids from accessing the inutile apps and contents. By enabling Screen Time feature, you may stop your child from spending a lot of time on device. This is one of the best features or configurartions to keep your child away from excess device usage.