What to do if you know your Wi-Fi password but your network is not accepting it
How to fix the Wi-Fi network connectivity issue on your iOS device or Mac?
Sometimes, you face sudden network connectivity issue on your iOS device or Mac. Usually, people face this issue while connecting their device to Wi-Fi network. For any reason, if you are entering correct password but still unable to connect your device to Wi-Fi network, you need not to be upset. Here is a short user guide that will help you to troubleshoot this Wi-Fi network connectivity issue on your iOS device or Mac.
Before proceeding make sure that you are using the correct Wi-Fi password, you can check your network information and password from the setup sheet you got from service provider. Additionally, you may also contact your Internet provider to reset or recover your Wi‑Fi password.
If you know the correct Wi-Fi password, you may fix the network connectivity issue by following the below given steps:
For iPhone or iPad users
If you are facing Wi-Fi connectivity issue on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap Settings > Wi‑Fi.
- Tap info [i] icon next to the network that you want to connect on your device.
- Tap Forget This Network and then tap Forget to confirm it.
- Now, try to re-join the network with the same password.
For Mac users
If you are facing Wi-Fi connectivity issue on your Mac, follow these steps:
- On your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Network and then select Wi-Fi in the sidebar on the left side.
- Click the Advanced button, select the Wi Fi network that you are trying to connect with and then click the Remove (–) button. If you are prompted to confirm, click Remove.
- Select OK > Apply and then try to re-join the network.
Now read: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity issue on your Mac
If you are looking for a Mac Maintenance Application, Check out Wise Mac Care. Wise Mac Care is your one-stop Mac maintenance application that can remove several types of junk files and can optimize Mac’s hard drive to boost your Mac to the peak performance for FREE. Wise Mac Care will also help protect your privacy and safeguard your activities from prying eyes.
What other's say