How to check your iPhone’s warranty and repair coverage
How to know if your iPhone is under warranty
Apple provides best customer service with the product you buy. When you purchase an Apple device it comes with an automatic one-year warranty. It includes hardware and repair coverage but does not consider any accidental damage like water damage or screen crack. In case your device got any damage, you need to check whether your device is in warranty or not. Let’s learn how to check your iPhone‘s warranty and repair coverage status.
Follow the below given steps to check your iPhone’s warranty status:
- Go to Apple’s “Check Coverage” page on the Apple’s official website.
- Enter the device’s serial number. If you don’t know the serial number, you may find it by clicking on “how to find your serial number?” link.
- Enter the security or captcha code.
- Once you entered the code and serial number, you will be redirected to the page where you can see device’s warranty details.
- This page contains 3 points that are listed below :
Valid Purchase Date: This indicates that Apple has a purchase date of your device on record.
Telephone Technical Support: Apple provides you 90 days of telephone support. If you don’t fall in the 90-day period you will see that it has “Expired.”
Repairs and Service Coverage: It shows if your device is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple’s Limited Warranty.
Eligible for an AppleCare product: It shows whether or not you can purchase the extensive and broader AppleCare+ coverage. Normally you have 60 days after you purchase your device to add this coverage.
How to find your iPhone’s serial number?
If you have device access but you don’t know its serial number, follow the below given steps to find it.
- Open “Settings” in your iPhone.
- On the next screen, scroll down and tap “General.”
- Tap About.
- Now, Scroll down until you find “Serial Number.”
This is how you may easily check whether you iPhone is in warranty or not and take benefits of the remaining warranty.