How to stop thieves from disabling Find My iPhone on your iPhone
How to prevent anyone from disabling Find My iPhone on your iOS device?
Find My iPhone is one of the most essential featured added to iPhone or iPad. It helps you to track and find your missing device. You need to enable Find My iPhone feature on your device to keep it safe. If your device is ever lost or stolen iCloud may help you regain your missing device back. If Find My iPhone is enabled on your device, Activation Lock keeps your information safe and makes it tough for thieves to use or sell it. However, it is not easy to disable Find My iPhone without having access to your iCloud account or iPhone, but if you think that it can be disabled. Here, we will provide you some easy steps that will help you to prevent thieves from disabling Find My iPhone on your iPhone.
You may protect Find My iPhone and prevent thieves from disabling it by adding an extra layer of security to Find My iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to “Screen Time” and then tap on the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” option.
- Now, make sure that the toggle button next to “Content & Privacy Restrictions” is set to ON/Green, and then tap “Location Services.”
- On the bottom of the screen, tap “System Services” and then make sure “Find My iPhone” is enabled. If it is off, enable it by tapping the button to the right side.
- Tap “Back” at the top of the page to go back to the “Location Services” page.
- Now, scroll to the very top of the page and then tap “Don’t Allow Changes”, doing so will grey out the option immediately.
- Go back to the “Screen Time” page, tap “Use Screen Time Passcode” and enter a passcode that you use for Screen Time settings.
- Once passcode is created, no one can make changes in the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” menu without it.