How to add Standard User Accounts to Your Mac
If you share your Mac with your family members or friends, you may create multiple user account on your Mac and keep each user’s information safely protected from other users. Once separate accounts are created, every user can personalize or customize their account accordingly. Also user can create their own set of applications and get access to their own iTunes library, Safari bookmarks, iChat or Messages accounts with their own friends list, Address Book and iPhoto or Photos library. Basically, Mac allows you to create five types of accounts as per you need, here we will provide you steps to create standard account for your Mac.
You may easily create or add standard user accounts on your Mac, follow the below given steps to do that:
- First of all make sure that you are logged in with the administrator account on your Mac.
- Click “System Preferences” in the “Apple“menu.
- Click on “Accounts or Users & Groups” icon to open the preferences pane to manage user accounts.
- Then, click the lock icon in the bottom left corner. Here, you need to provide the password for the administrator account you are currently using. Type your password and hit “OK.”
- Click the “+” button which is located below the list of user accounts.
- After clicking on it, you will get a form for new account.
- Here, you need to select “Standard” from the dropdown menu of account types; sometimes it is selected as default.
- Now, enter the name for this account in the Name or Full Name.
- Then, you need to enter a nickname in the Short Name or Account Name.
- In the Password field, enter a password for this account. Here, you may create your own password or click the key icon next to the Password field to get help from Password Assistant to generate a password.
- Enter the password once again in the Verify field.
- After this, you may enter a hint about the password in the “Password Hint.“
- At last, click the “Create User” button to add new standard user account to your Mac.