How to automatically delete web activity from Google Account using your computer or smartphone
Google is finally focusing on user’s browsing data security and privacy. Earlier this year, Google released an easy and more explicit way to access and delete your Web & App Activity. When you use Google sites, apps, and services, some of your activity is saved in your Google Account. You may view and remove this activity in My Activity, and you may also stop saving most activity at any time. Moreover, if you don’t want to delete the activity manually, you may enable the option to Delete your activity automatically. Let’s learn how to automatically delete your web activity from Google account.
How to automatically delete your web activity on computer?
- You may easily can automatically delete some of the activity from your Google Account, using your computer, follow these steps:
- Open your Google Account on your computer.
- Click “Data & personalization” on the top left navigation panel.
- Under “Activity controls” section, click “Web & App Activity.”
- Under “Web & App Activity,” select “Manage activity.”
- At the top right corner of the screen, click More >Keep activity for.
- Click the button for how long you want to keep your activity, select your choice and then click Next > Confirm.
How to automatically delete your web activity on Smartphone?
To automatically delete of the activity from your Google Account, follow these steps:
- On your Android device, open your device settings, click Google and then select your Google Account.
- On your iPhone, open the Gmail app. Tap Menu >Settings > Select your account > Manage your Google Account. If you don’t use Gmail, you may go to myaccount.google.com.
- At the top of the screen, tap on the “Data & personalization” option.
- Under “Activity controls” section, tap “Web & App Activity” and then click “Manage activity.”
- At the top right corner of the screen, tap More > Keep activity for.
- Tap the button for how long you want to keep your activity, select your choice and then click Next > Confirm.