How to change default web browser and email app on your Mac
The default browser and email app on Mac are the named Safari and Mail app, and these are always considered as good browser and application. But if you still want to try a different browser or mail application, you may easily do it by changing the default settings to something you want. After changing the default mail app, you will be redirected to the configured app when you try to send emails from anywhere in Mac OS. You keep switching to different browsers and mail apps on your Mac. Some browsers and email apps offer to automatically become your default while launching them first time. If you are wondering how to set any third party email client or web browser to default on your Mac, let’s learn how to do that.
How to change your default browser on Mac?
Safari is a built-in web browser and works perfectly for Mac. Safari has many most of advanced features including auto fill for forms and credit card details, secure password storage and the ability to request that websites do not track you. In case you think Safari browser is slow as compare to other browsers, you change your default browser by following the below given steps:
- On your Mac, go to Apple menu >System Preferences.
- Click “General.”
- Finally, select your web browser from the “Default web browser” pop-up menu.
Note: If the “Default Web Browser” option is not there, you may be using an older version of Mac OS X. On OS X Mavericks and earlier, you may change the default web browser by following the below given steps:
- Open the Safari browser and select Safari > Preferences.
- Under “General tab”, click “Default Web Browser” and then select you the web browser as per your wish.
How to change your default email app on Mac?
If you decided to change your default email app, you may easily do it by following the below given steps:
- Open Mail app on your Mac.
- Go to Mail menu > Preferences and then click “General.”
- If you are asked to set up an email account, add your account and then select “Preferences” from the “Mail” menu.
- Finally, select your email app from the “Default email reader” pop-up menu.
This is how you may change default web browser and email app on your Mac. Moreover, you may also set your default email app in the preferences of your third-party email app.