How to clear up space in Google Drive
How to free up space in Google Drive?
Google Drive is a Google’s cloud storage service that offers 15GB free storage to all the Google users. Apart from Google Drive, this space is also shared by your Gmail account and Google Photos. If you are using your Gmail account as your primary email, you are almost about to use the entire 15GB. In such case, you may purchase additional storage or free up space on your drive.
If you have very important data on your Google Drive, you may buy more space for your Google Account. But if you don’t want to buy an additional storage then you may delete some data from the drive to free up some space. Follow the below given steps to do that.
- Open the Google Drive App on your Smartphone.
- Tap on the “three horizontal line” sign on the top left corner and then scroll down to select the “Settings.”
- In the next screen, you can see the Cache, which are logically unnecessary documents and files. Now tap on the “Clear Cache” to remove these files and free up space on your drive. Additionally you may set an upper limit on Cache size to stop it from using space unnecessarily.
- After this, close the Google Drive app and open it again.
- Select the files that you do not want. You may select one file by long pressing it and then just tap on all other files you want to remove.
- Select the “Trash” icon to remove these files. You will be prompted if you want to delete these files, press OK to remove these unnecessary files.
- Similarly, you can open your Gmail account and select inutile emails and delete them by pressing the trash icon. You may repeat these steps for various tabs under your Gmail account
- Then, open your Trash Folder and select all files in there and then click delete them permanently to create some free space on your Google Drive.
- Now, open Google Photos account and select the files that you do not want and delete them by pressing the trash icon.
Using these above given instructions, you may free up space on your Google Drive that can be used to save your important documents and files.