How to create a backup of your Gmail account data
How to backup the data stored on your Gmail account?
Gmail is one of the most popular email services that help you to send and receive emails with and without attachments all around the world. Google’s mail servers automatically scan emails for multiple purposes, including to filter spam and malware, and to add context-sensitive advertisements next to emails. Everyone uses a Gmail account for personal or business purposes. If you use a Gmail account for business purpose, it contains your important business information. Hence, you may not afford to lose the data stored on your email such as bank related details, photos, videos, documents etc. However, Google has already added a security feature but still it is important to keep a copy of your Gmail account data. Here we will provide you some easy steps to backup your Gmail account data.
Before proceeding, make sure that you have a PC or Mac with consistent internet connectivity and enough space to download the archive file.
You may easily backup your Gmail account data on your system hard drive, follow these steps:
To backup your Gmail data, you may create the archive file and then download it using Google Takeout option on your PC.
- Open Google Takeout website using any browser on your computer.
- Now, login using your Gmail account credentials.
- After logging in, you need to select all the services for which you want to download the data on your PC. The service list includes Gmail, Calendar, Maps, Activities, News, Contacts, Youtube, etc.
- After selecting the services, click the “Next Step” button.
- From here, you need to customize archive format by selecting the archive frequency, file size, file type and more.
- Once you are done, click “Create Archive” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, wait until the process is completed and downloaded.
This is how you may easily backup your Gmail account data and keep your personal data safe.