How to delete photos and videos on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
If you have photos or videos on your iOS device that you don’t want anymore, you may easily delete them with just a few taps. Besides deleting pictures, you may also learn how to make free space on your device and how to recover accidently deleted photos on your Mac. In order to make free space, make sure that make sure that you a backup of the photos and videos that you want. If you remove photos or videos from iCloud photos, they will be also removed on all other devices where you are logged in with the same Apple ID. Let’s learn how to delete or recover photo or videos on your iOS device.
How to delete photos or videos on your iOS device?
You may easily remove your photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:
- First off, launch the Photos app on your iOS device.
- Tap the photo or video that you want to remove.
- Tap Trash icon > Delete Photo.
- To remove multiple photos, open Photos app and tap the “Select” button.
- Now, tap on each photo or video that you want to remove.
- Finally, tap Trash icon > Delete [number] Photos.
Note: When you delete pictures, they move into your Recently Deleted album and stay there for 30 days and then get permanently deleted.
How to recover deleted photos on your iOS device?
If you deleted any photo or video accidently, you may restore it by following the below given steps:
- On your iOS device, launch the Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
- Open the “Recently Deleted album” and tap the “Select” button.
- Now, tap each photo or video that you want to keep.
- Finally, tap the “Recover” button and then confirm that you want to recover the photos.