How to download the October 2018 update for your Windows 10
How to download October 2018 update using Windows insider program?
Recently, Microsoft announced the October 2018 update of all the Windows 10 users. This update is probably going to be released in first or second week of October. If you cannot wait, you may download it using Windows insider program. Like Apple, Microsoft also keeps updating Windows to fix minor issues and add new features. This new Update is officially version 1809, build 17763. Moreover, you may check the version details by heading to Settings > System > About and under the Windows Specifications heading, you can see all the details related to currently installed version. If you want to download the October 2018 update, here we will provide some easy steps to do it using Windows insider program.
However, this new update is not yet officially released but you may download it using Windows insider program. Follow the below given steps to do that:
Note: Before start downloading, make sure you have complete back up of your PC, so that you may restore it in can of something goes wrong.
- On your PC, open “Settings” and then click “Update & security.”
- Select “Windows Insider Program” and then click on the “Get started” button.
- Click the “Link an account” option and then choose your Microsoft account from the list or use a different account.
- After that, click “Continue.”
- On the “What kind of content would you like to receive?” window, select the “Just fixes, apps, and drivers” from the drop-down menu and then click “Confirm.”
- Click “Confirm” button again to agree to the terms and then click “Restart now” to apply the changes.
After completing the above given steps, Windows 10 version 1809 becomes available in the Release Preview channel, your device will get it automatically. Moreover, you may also force the feature update heading to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and selecting “Check for Updates.”