How to manage notifications on your iPhone,iPad and iPod
Notifications alert you about the messages, calls, available system updates and more on your device. Earlier, you were just able to enable, disable and change the alert sound. With notifications in iOS 12, you may view and manage multiple notifications at once without any interruption throughout the day. If you have updated your iOS device to iOS 12, here we will provide you a short guide to manage notification settings on your device.
How to open notifications from lock screen?
Usually, we need to unlock the screen to view notifications but if you want to a quick view of notifications on lock screen, you may easily do it by following the below given steps:
- On your iOS device, tap a single notification or a group of notifications to view all of them for that app.
- Moreover, you may manage; view or clear notifications by swiping them left.
- If you want to preview your notifications on the Lock screen without unlocking your device, go to Settings > Notifications > Show Previews, and then select “Always.”
How to open notification center and manage notifications?
From notification center, you may scroll back to see the notification history by following the below given steps:
- To see notification alerts from the Lock screen, swipe up from the middle of the screen.
- To see notification alerts from any other screen, swipe down from the center of the top of your screen.
- Moreover, you may clear your notification history by deeply pressing the cross button and then tapping on “Clear All Notifications” or tapping on cross button and then tapping on “Clear” button.
- To manage notifications from lock screen, swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
- Tap “Manage” and then select any of the below given options:
- Deliver Quietly: By selecting this option, you may see notifications in the Notification Center but don’t show up them on the Lock screen, play sounds or show a banner or badge icon.
- Turn off: By selecting this option, you may disable all notifications for a specific app. In case you want to re enable them, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app and tap “Allow Notifications.”
- After from that you may also change notification alert style and group notification settings.