How to open a port in the Windows firewall
How to open Firewall Ports on your Windows 10?
Firewall is one of the most essential aspects of commuting that should be contained by every PC. By default, every PC has Windows Firewall that allows a program to communicate with the network. Basically, firewalls are designed to protect your network against threats. These threats can be from outside trying to get in or threats from the inside trying to get out. Usually, it happens by blocking network-enabled ports. Many times, you may face problem with programs due to internet connectivity and internet issue may cause due to blocked port of windows firewall. If you want to open firewall ports in Windows 10, let’s learn how to do that.
Moreover, you may manually allow a program to access the internet by opening a firewall port. You will need to know what port it uses and the protocol to make this work. Follow the below given steps to open ports in Windows firewall.
- On your Windows 10 PC, click on the Start menu, type “Windows Firewall” into the search box and then click on “Windows Defender Firewall.”
- In the Windows Firewall window, click on “Advanced Settings” and highlight Inbound Rules in the left pane.
- Right click “Inbound Rules” and select “New Rule” command.
- If you want to open a port for outgoing traffic, instead of clicking “Inbound Rule,” you need to click “Outbound Rules.”
- On the Rule type page, select “Port” and click “Next.”
- On the next window, select “TCP” or “UDP” and then click “Specific local ports.”
- Enter the port number and click “Next.”
- On the next Windows, select “Allow the connection” and then hit “Next.”
- Select the network type you want to allow the connection over and click “Next.”
- Type a name for the rule and then click “Finish.”Now read: How to configure FTP server on your Windows 10 PC