How to remove an iOS device backup from your iCloud account
Most of us are habitual to create backup of our iPhone or iPad on iCloud account. Over time, iCloud storage gets occupied with these regular backups. However, you may purchase more storage for your iCloud account but you may save money by deleting old backups and freeing up space on your iCloud account. In case you are restoring backup on your device, you need to wait until restore process is finished before you may delete the backup. Moreover, you may also back up your iOS device in iTunes. If you iCloud is filled with backup files, here we will provide a short guide that will help you to remove these iOS backup files from your iCloud account.
How to remove iOS backup using iOS device?
By following the below given steps, you may remove backup from iCloud using your iPhone or iPad.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings> [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage and then tap “Backup.”
- Now, tap on the name of a device whose backup you want to remove and then tap “Delete Backup.”
How to remove iOS backup using Mac?
- On your Mac, go to Apple menu> System Preferences.
- In the system preferences window, click “iCloud” and then click “Manage.”
- Click “Backups” on the left side; select the iOS device on the right whose backup you want to remove and then click “Delete.”
How to remove iOS backup using Windows PC?
By following the below given steps, you may remove iOS backup using Windows PC.
- On your Windows PC, open iCloud for Windows and then click “Storage.”
- Select “Backups” on the left side, select the iOS device on the right whose backup you want to remove and then click “Delete.”
This is how you may easily free up iCloud storage by removing iOS backup from iCloud using iOS device, Mac and Windows PC.