How to retrieve your forgotten WhatsApp PIN
How to reset your forgotten Whatsapp PIN?
Like Facebook and Google account, Whatsapp also has two- step verification. By enabling two- step verification, you may stop other from access your Whatsapp especially when you lost your Sim card somewhere or you want to switch from old device to new one. You may easily retrieve your Whatsapp PIN to access your Whatsapp account again all you need to do is enter your two-step verification PIN on your new device once you download the app. You may not recover the same PIN you used, but you may access your account again by resetting your PIN. Here, we will provide you some easy steps to do that.
- On your Smartphone, open up “WhatsApp” and when you prompted to enter your PIN, tap “Forgot PIN.”
- In the pop up appears, tap the “Send Email” option doing so will send a message to the email address you used to set up your two-step verification on your Whatsapp.
- In case you selected not to enter an email while setup, you will have to wait for a week to set a new PIN. Also it will not save any massage in this duration so it is always good to enter an email address while enabling Two Factor Authentications.
- Next, tap on the “OK” button.
- After completing above given steps, you will receive a link via an email to turn off your two-step verification.
- Tap on the link and you will be redirected to your Whatsapp account in browser.
- Then, you need to confirm that you want to disable two-step verification.
- After doing that, you may start sending and receiving messages again on your Whatsapp account.
This is how you may easily reset your Whatsapp PIN. Once you get access to your account, do not forget to re enable two step verification to protect your device from unauthorized access.