How to set up and use Whatsapp Payments on your Smartphone
How to enable and use Whatsapp Payments feature on your smartphone?
Whatsapp is one of the most popular social media platforms in India and you may also be one of the millions users who are using it for hours on a daily basis. Recently, Whatsapp Payments feature is added in the updated version of Whatsapp that is based on India’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and available for some users on iOS and Android.
Currently, all users may not see the Payments option in the app. But this feature can be activated by messaging someone who has already enabled this feature. After receiving a message, you need to relaunch the app and Payments option will be visible in Whatsapp settings.
It is very simple and easy to set up and use this new feature “Whatsapp payments” on your Smartphone, follow the below given steps to do that.
How to enable or set up Whatsapp Payments feature on your phone?
- Open Whatsapp on your phone and tap “Settings” in the bottom right corner to select the “Payments” option.
- Tap on the “Add New Account” option.
- Verify your phone number via text message and tap on the “Accept and Continue” button.
- You need to complete the verification. Once your phone number is verified, you will be able to see a list of the supported banks.
- Now may select your bank, enter the account information and set up your UPI PIN by following the on-screen prompts.
- Confirm your “UPI PIN” and tap on “Done” Button.
How to use the Whatsapp Payments to send or receive the money?
After completing above steps, your “Whatsapp payments” is ready to use, follow the below given steps to make the payment or send money using Whatsapp.
- Open Whatsapp on your phone and then open the conversation with the person to whom you want to send the money. Now tap on the “+” button on the bottom left corner of your iPhone or tap on the “Clip” icon on your Android device.
- Tap on the “Payment” option. If you are using group chat window, you need to select the name of the person whom you want to send money and tap on the “+” button on iPhone or tap on the “Clip” on your Android device.
- Then, enter the amount and type in a note. Next up, tap on the “Send”button.
- Now you will be asked to type and confirm your 4-digit UPI PIN. Authenticate the payment.
- Whenever someone sends you money. It will be credited to your bank account automatically and you will receive a notification from your bank.
This is how you may easily send or receive money using Payments option in Whatsapp on your Smartphone.