How to use Picture in Picture feature in Whatsapp web
What is Picture in Picture feature and how it works for Whatsapp web version?
After introducing Picture in Picture feature in Whatsapp app, Whatsapp has also started rolling out this feature for its web version. With PiP feature, you may watch shared videos from third-party apps like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and YouTube without actually leaving WhatsApp application. By using the Picture in Picture feature, you may watch the videos in a box hovering over the chat window, saving you multiple taps on the recent button. Moreover, you may also check if the feature works for you by looking out for a blurred thumbnail on any shared media link on WhatsApp. If you can see it in the message, the media is PiP ready. If not, you may open it in the native media app or a browser. If you are wondering how to use this feature, let’s learn how to do that.
Before getting started, make sure that you are using Whatsapp with updated version 0.3.1846. If you are not sure about it, you can check the version of your app by going to Settings > Help.
You may use the Picture in Picture feature in Whatsapp web by following the below given steps:
- First of all update your Whatsapp to version0.3.1846.
- Navigate to Settings on your WhatsApp Web > Help > check for version 0.3.1846.
- Once your Whatsapp is updated, open any WhatsApp chat in which you have received a third-party video link.
- There will see a video card with a blurred thumbnail image along with the pop-out icon.
- Tap on the link, doing so will play the video on the top half of the WhatsApp chat window.
- Moreover, you may change the position of video by dragging it anywhere on screen. You may also watch the video in full screen, adjust volume, play and pause the PiP video.
This is how you may easily use Picture-in-Picture feature for Whatsapp web on your desktop.