How to use Workout app on your Apple Watch
Most of us do regular exercise or workout to maintain the health and fitness. But sometimes we get confused about the time that we have already spent on workout. If you want to track that how much time you spent on various types of exercises, you may use Workout app on your Apple Watch that helps you track your workout time, reminds your work out time and provide progress updates while you are doing workout. If you have Apple Watch but not sure how to use Workout app, let’s learn how to do that.
How to begin a workout on your Apple Watch?
- Open the Workout app on your Apple Watch
- Locate the workout that best matches what you are doing.
- If you want to set a goal, tap on the “More” button next to the workout that you wish to do.
- If you want to skip setting a goal, tap the workout.
- Now, wait for the three-second countdown or tap the screen to skip the countdown.
- Work out. Moreover, if you want to add another type of workout without ending your session, open the Workout app, swipe right and then tap on the add button.
How to stop a workout on your Apple Watch?
If you want to end your workout, you may easily do it by following the below given steps:
- To stop your workout, swipe right and then tap the “Red Cross button”.
- To pause a workout, swipe right and then tap the “Pause button” or press both the Digital Crown and the side button at the same time.
- To resume, press both buttons again.
- Moreover, you may set indoor and outdoor running workouts to automatically pause when you stop moving.
- In order to set it, open the “Apple Watch” app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “My Watch tab” and then select Workout > Running Auto Pause.
How to get reminders to end your workout?
- If you are using Apple Watch running watchOS 5 or later, your Apple Watch senses that you are done working out and it taps you on the wrist and asks.
- You may tap the notification to end or pause the workout or dismiss the notification and keep working out.
- If you don’t want you may disable this setting, in order to do that, open the “Settings” app on your Apple Watch, select General > Workout and then disable the button next to “Start Workout Reminder.”