What to do if Finder is slow or not responding on your Mac
What to do if Finder stops responding on your Mac?
The Finder is the default file manager and graphical user interface shell that available on all versions of macOS. Finder is responsible for the launching of other applications, and for the overall user management of files, disks, and network volumes on your Mac. Hence, you cannot imagine to work without using Finder on your Mac. Sometimes, Finder suddenly starts working slow or stops responding that may upset you, especially when you are doing something really important on your Mac. If you are experiencing such issue on your Mac, here we will provide you some easy steps to fix it.
If the finder is slow but still working, you may fix it by following the below given steps:
- On your Mac, search “~/Library/Preferences/” in Spotlight bar and then click the “TOP HIT” result to launch the “Preferences.”
- In the window that appears, find this file “apple.finder.plist“, right click and select “Move to Trash.”
- Finally, close the folder and restart your Mac.
If the finder is not responding at all, you may fix it by following below given steps:
- Launch the “Terminal” app on your Mac. You may do it either using Spotlight search or going to Applications > Utilities> Terminal.
- Now, remove the primary Finder preferences file. To do so, At the Terminal prompt, enter the following command and hit “Return”key on your Mac.
- Finally, restart your Mac to apply the changes you made.
This is how you may fix Finder issue on your Mac, without visiting any Apple care.
If you’re a Mac Lover and want to keep your Mac hard drive FREE from unwanted files to free up more space and keep running your Mac Smoothly, Wise Mac Care is a perfect Mac Cleaner that helps in eliminating all kinds of junk files from your Mac for FREE. Wise Mac Care has a very simple user interface and layout that offers variety of FREE features which include Startup items management, Memory optimization, easy removal of system junk and logs files, and much more. Wise Mac Care has premium features like Duplicate Files Finder, Files Shredder, Smart Uninstaller, Large Files Finder and a Privacy Protector. Download Wise Mac Care for FREE and boost your system performance with just a few clicks.