What to do if Touch ID is not working on your iPhone or iPad
How to fix Touch ID issue on your iOS device?
Apple added the Touch ID feature to authenticate your identity on your iOS device. It is a super easy way to unlock and get into your device. It provides more convenient option to keep your iPhone or iPad secured when compared with the use of passwords. Additionally, you may use Touch ID to make secured purchases in the iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Books, and authenticate Apple Pay online or in apps. But what if you are suddenly unable unlock your iOS device using Touch ID, unable to enroll a fingerprint, or you are asked to enter your passcode, here we will provide you some possible troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
You may easily fix the Touch ID issue by following the below given steps. Also don’t forget to try using Touch ID after each step on your iOS device:
- First off, make sure that your device is updated to the latest iOS version.
- Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry. If it is not, clean the Home button using a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or dust particles .
- Next, make sure that your finger is covering the Home button completely and touching the surrounding metal ring. While Touch ID is scanning, don’t move your finger around quickly.
- If your device is in case or screen protector, make sure it is not covering the Home button or the surrounding ring.
- Head to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is enabled, and that you have enrolled one or more fingerprints.
- If the issue still persists, try to enroll a different finger.
This is how you may easily fix Touch ID issue on your iOS device. If the issue is still there even after following the above steps, head to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support: