How to customize Safari browser window on your Mac
Have you ever felt that Safari has very limited themes or layouts for Mac? If yes, then you should learn how to change the layout of Safari bars, Safari tool bars and bookmarks as per your browsing style. Usually, you see all your enabled extension icons in the Safari toolbar, along with the URL bar and navigation buttons. Sometimes, you might have thought to remove or hide some extensions from the tool bar, so that you can have a clean browser interface. Here we will provide you a short user guide that will help you to customize Safari browser window on your Mac.
How to use the Favourites bar and show the Status bar in Safari?
If you want to use the favorites bar and show status bar in Safari window, follow these steps:
- Launch the Safari app on your Mac.
- Select View > Show Favourites Bar.
- To show the Status bar, select View > Show Status Bar. Now, when you put the pointer over a link, you will see the link’s full address in the status bar at the bottom of the Safari.
How to customize toolbar in Safari window on Mac?
If you want to customize Safari toolbar, open the Safari browser and then do any of the below given options:
- To change the items in the toolbar: Select View > Customise Toolbar and then drag the toolbar items to add, delete and rearrange them.
- To rearrange toolbar buttons quickly: Press and hold the Command key and then drag buttons right or left for the arrangement you want. You may not use this shortcut for the Back/Forward, Top Sites, Home, Sidebar, History or Downloads buttons, or the Smart Search field.
- To resize the toolbar: By adding the angle brackets at the right end of the toolbar, you may enlarge the window to show all of the toolbar items.
- To remove a toolbar item: Press and hold the Command key and then drag the item out of the toolbar.
- To show or hide the toolbar in full-screen view: Select View > Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen.
If you are looking for a Mac Maintenance Application, Check out Wise Mac Care. Wise Mac Care is your one-stop Mac maintenance application that can remove several types of junk files and can optimize Mac’s hard drive to boost your Mac to the peak performance for FREE. Wise Mac Care will also help protect your privacy and safeguard your activities from prying eyes.