How to enable dark mode in WhatsApp on Android and iOS devices
Dark mode is one of the most common features that has been released almost for all the popular operating system like MacOS, Windows and for social media applications like Facebook, Gmail etc. After Facebook Messenger, this most awaited feature is going to be released for WhatsApp soon. However, WhatsApp dark mode feature is not yet officially released but you may learn how to enable it on your Android or iOS device. Here we will provide you a short user guide that will help you to enable WhatsApp dark mode on Android or iOS device.
How to enable WhatsApp Dark mode on your Android device?
If your device is updated to Android Q beta version, you will be able to enable WhatsApp Dark Mode, follow these steps:
- On your Android phone, head to Settings > Display > Select theme > Dark.
- Once the dark mode is enabled, go to Settings > About phone.
- Now, scroll down to “Build number”, tap on it seven times, doing so will show a pop-up message saying, “Developers options is turned on.”
- Tap on “Override force-dark” so that you may apply the dark theme to other apps.
- Now, Dark theme is enabled on WhatsApp, but you need to remove wallpaper in chat threads to enjoy the dark mode. In order to do that, go to WhatsApp Settings > Wallpaper > None.
How to enable WhatsApp Dark mode on your iOS device?
If your iOS device runs on iOS 11 or later versions, you may enable WhatsApp Dark mode by following the below given steps:
- On your iOS device, head to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Invert Colours > Smart Invert.
- After selecting “Smart Invert”, dark theme gets enabled across all the apps in the device.
- Like Android, you need to select dark or no wallpaper for WhatsApp chat threads on your iOS device. In order to do that, go to WhatsApp Settings > Wallpaper > None.
This is how you may easily enable WhatsApp dark mode on your Android or iOS device and start using WhatsApp without any eye strain.