How to make Google your homepage in various browsers
Google offers facile and easy user interface that helps you to search or browse things easily on internet. If you are getting tired of opening Google homepage every time on the browser you are using, you might be looking for the way to set Google as your homepage in your browser. You need not to get frustrate anymore, there is an easy way to set Google as your homepage. Let’s learn how to do it.
You may easily set Google as your homepage in any browser by following the below given steps.
If you are using Firefox and want to set Google as your homepage, follow the below given steps to do that.
- In order to do that, open Google home page tab in your Firefox, click and hold that tab and then drag it to left home icon.
- After doing that, you will get a notification asking you if you really want to set this as your home page. Click “Yes”to set Google as your homepage.
- In case you want to set your default home page again, in the top right side corner, click the three-line menu button and go to “ Preferences. ”
- Now, select the “General” tab and find for the “Startup” under “Home Page”, select “Restore to Default”, which will clear any past choices.
Normally, Google Chrome automatically takes you to a window with the search bar and several of your favorite sites, so many Chrome users may not even have to worry about this. But if you want set more official home page or crosscheck whether it is working or not, follow the below given steps to do that:
- In the top right corner of your Chrome browser, click “More” and then select “Settings” from the drop down menu.
- Here, in the “Appearance” section, make sure that “Show home button” is enabled, it should automatically redirect you to the google.com/address, but if it doesn’t you can click “Change” and type it in.
Safari also provides you some ways to set your preference for browsing, you may easily set Google as your homepage by following the below given steps:
- In the top left corner of your screen, go to Safari > Preferences > General.
- Now, locate the “Homepage” option. Here, you need to enter Google.com or if you’re already on the Google site, you need to click “Set to Current page.”
If you are using Internet Explorer and want Google as your homepage whenever you open it, follow the below given steps to do that:
- In the menu bar on the top right of your browser, click “Tools.”
- Select “Internet Options” from the drop down menu.
- Click the “General” tab.
- In the “Home page” section, enter www.google.com in the text box.
- Click “OK” and then restart your browser to apply the changes.
If you are a Windows 10 user and using the built-in Microsoft Edge browser, it also offers you to change the default homepage. Follow the below given steps to do that:
- In the top right corner of your browser, click “More” and then select “Settings” from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to “Open with” and select “A specific page or pages.”
- Open the list and choose “Custom.” Then, click on the “X” next to the current homepage.
- Now, enter www.google.com in the “Enter a URL” box and then click “Save.”