How to pin more than three contacts to the People Bar on your Windows 10 PC
How to unblock the limitation of pinning 3 people to the People Bar on Windows 10?
With Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Microsoft added a new feature called People Bar (My People). With this new feature, you may pin your contacts to the taskbar so that you may quickly mail or chat with your contacts with a single click on taskbar icon. However, you are allowed to pin maximum three contacts in taskbar which is noted as the biggest limitation. If you want to add more than three contacts to the People Bar, you may do it by doing some changes in registry on your Windows 10 PC. Let’s learn how to pin more than three contacts to the People Bar.
You may easily break this People bar limited by doing some registry hacks on your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
Note: Before making any change to registry, create a backup of you data on your PC.
- On your Windows 10 PC, press Windows +R to open run window, type regedit.exe and then click Ok to launch the registry editor.
- Follow the below given path:
- Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value in the right-pane.
- Set the value name as TaskbarCapacity.
- Now, double-click TaskbarCapacity and set its value data to 11. ( Here, 11 shows the number of contacts you may add to taskbar, you may set the value as per your need).
- Finally, exit the Registry and then restart your PC to apply the changes.
This is how you may easily unblock the People Bar limitation and pin more than 3 contacts to the taskbar. You may change the contact amount to what you want. Once contacts are added in People Bar, you may mail or message them with a single click.
In case you want to keep the default setting, you need to delete the value created in registry.