How to quit Skype from system tray on your Windows 10 PC
How to hide or remove Skype icon in Windows 10?
With Windows 10, Microsoft included the Skype app icon in notification area which is really useful if you are a frequent Skype user. But if you don’t want to show it in system tray, there is not any direct way to quit Skype icon from notification area. Unlike other traditional apps, you may not get the quit option for the Skype with just a right click. Moreover, Microsoft’s modern Skype app doesn’t even appear in your list of startup programs, so you can’t disable it from Settings app or Task Manager by managing your startup programs. Fortunately, there is a way to hide Skype from system tray; let’s learn it.
You may easily hide or remove Skype icon from system tray by following the below given steps:
- To quit Skype from system tray, right-click the Skype icon in your notification area and click “Settings” or open the Skype window.
- Click the “…” menu button and then select “Settings.”
- Click the “General” category, disable the “Show Skype in the Windows notification area (system tray)” option, doing so will hide the Skype icon from notification area.
- You will still get the Skype messages if you’re signed in, even after hiding the Skype icon. To stop the messages, click the “…” menu in the Skype window and then click “Sign Out.”
- If you don’t want to use Skype anymore, you may uninstall it. Find the Skype shortcut in your Start menu, right-click it and then select “Uninstall.”
Moreover, if you have installed mulitple skype applications and you want to remove the default Windows 10 version, locate the Skype shortcut marked as a “Trusted Microsoft Store app” and remove it.
This is how you may easily quit or remove Skype icon from system tray on your Windows 10 PC.