How to start receiving text messages on your Mac
How to receive SMS text messages on your Mac?
Have you ever missed important messages on your iPhone while working on your Mac? If yes, then it never happens again. With macOS10.13, 10.12, and 10.11, you can receive all your messages on your Mac. iMessages are sent or received over an internet connection, so it obvious that Mac would be able to receive them. With the latest macOS, you may also receive SMS text messages on your computer. First, you need to connect iPhone messages to Mac, then you may learn how to send and receive messages on your Mac. Here is a short user guide that will help you to receive text messages on your Mac.
You may easily get text messages on your Mac by following the below given steps:
- In order to send and receive messages between both the devices, make sure that you are signed into your Mac and iPhone using the same Apple ID.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and then tap “Messages.”
- Now, enable the toggle button next to the “Text Message Forwarding” option to receive your text messages on mac.
- On your Mac, open the Messages app and then click “Preferences” from the Messages menu.
- Now, click “Enable This Account” to ensure you get text messages using your Apple ID.
- Now, select the correct phone number and email address you want to use for messaging.
- Finally, you have synced your text messages to your iPhone and your Mac.
This is how you may easily get text messages on your Mac, without using any third-party application. Moreover, if you don’t want to receive messages on your Mac, you may make iMessage inactive or just sign out on your Mac.
If you want to keep your Mac optimized and Healthy, Wise Mac Care performs basic cleanup and maintenance for FREE. Plus, Wise Mac Care helps you to free up your Mac hard disk from unwanted log files and to get more space to run your Mac smoothly. Wise Mac Care also works as a deep cleaner and memory optimizer to provide smoother and faster Mac Performance. Download Wise Mac Care for FREE and boost your system performance with just a few clicks.