How to enable the new YouTube “Take a Break” feature
Google’s YouTube is the most popular application that provides a huge platform to watch videos online and offline. Continuous use of YouTube can make you addicted, in order to prevent you from being YouTube addicted. At developer conference Google I/O 2018, Google released a new feature “Take a Break” that helps you to set a break time while using YouTube so that you can spend some time with your friends or family members. Google has announced this feature few months back but now it is live and ready to use, let’s learn how to enable this new “Take a Break” feature on YouTube.
You may easily enable “Take a Break” feature in YouTube application, follow the below given steps to do that:
- In order to do that, first of all you need to download the latest version of YouTube from Google Play Store and App store on your phone.
- Once YouTube is updated on your Phone, launch YouTube app on your phone.
- At the top-right corner of the app, tap on the Account option and go to “Settings” of the app.
- Now select “General” from the settings menu.
- After this, you need to enable “Remind me to take a break” button.
- Set the time interval from the “Reminder frequency” pop-up and tap “OK” to save the settings.
Once you have set the time interval, YouTube will now notify you by sending a notification on your phone, if you want, you may also stop the reminder simply tapping on “Dismiss” option.
This is how you may limit your time from watching YouTube videos and then spend your valuable time with your family or friends.